Monday, November 3, 2014

PSA: I'm waiting this out

So I'm sure you've heard about what's going on in Burkina Faso at them moment. If you haven't, please enlighten yourself, BBC News is a fantastic source. The cliff notes version is that the president of Burkina Faso wanted to seek another term (he's been ruling for 27 years) and protests forced him out. The government was dissolved and the military took over. The African union says that they have 2 weeks to get their act together.

At the moment the US has placed a travel alert on the country (http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/burkina-faso-travel-alert.html), this basically means you should wait and see what happens before you travel. I am hoping that everything will be cleared up by January because I want nothing more than to go. My heart is broken because the trip is in jeopardy, though I hope that a new government will help get Burkina on its feet again.

I am optimistic about the trip but I realize it the current situation travel is impossible. Please pray that this is resolved quickly and peacefully and that I can go come January. I don't think very many people understand the time and energy and love I have put into this project, and it really is like loosing something or someone important. (Thanks for understanding Tiffany!!) I'm literally exhausted from trying to figure this out and trying to stay positive after waking up each day to bad news, though today things are looking up. And hey when there's a will there's a way, right?

I'll leave you with some good news of Burkina (it's a fantastic read):
http://melissa-brooks.blogspot.com/2014/11/burkinathe-story-of-today.html




No comments:

Post a Comment