Tuesday, December 9, 2014

My last blood drive....

When I was 16 it was on my bucket list to donate blood but I couldn't do it until my senior year in high school because of the under 18 height/weight requirements. I'm sure anyone who was there remembers how awful that blood drive was...

Fast forward almost two years and today I donated blood for the fifth time. It went off without a hitch because now I know exactly what I need to be a successful blood donor. Unfortunately, I won't be able to donate blood again until after I graduate from Sweet Briar. According to the Red Cross guidelines you have to wait 12 months after traveling outside the US/Canada. When my year for Burkina Faso is up, I'll already be in Spain. I'm kind of sad, because saving lives is awesome, and check out this cool shirt!

If you can donate blood, please do it! You might not like blood and needles (I sure don't) but people don't like dying either so....

I promise it is not that bad, as long as you know what's going on. If you have any questions, please ask me!

Also, 24 days until I leave, and I'm SO EXCITED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment